The Kitchen Prep: Hop To It! {A Speedy Easter Treat}

Friday, April 6, 2012

Hop To It! {A Speedy Easter Treat}


I am up to my {bunny} ears in projects, orders, and baking today, but I wanted to leave you with a super quick "recipe" for something that you must make for the special little ones that will be gathering around your Easter table this weekend.

As I mentioned yesterday, my original plans for Easter treats kinda fell apart through, so I went on my very own Easter hunt of sorts for an alternative plan. Ever the treasure trove of creative ideas, Pinterest came through for me once again when I found this idea for "Bunny Bait" {I would credit the original, but I've seen so many versions I have no idea where it started!}.

It was the perfect solution for whipping up a speedy treat to take to the kiddies at work. {Thank goodness, because I literally had half an hour to make something!}


The combo of popcorn, pretzels, M&M's, mini marshmallows, Easter sprinkles, and white chocolate coating makes a sweet and salty snack that will please kids, adults, and cotton-tailed visitors alike.


Package the mix in a cute little bag, print out an adorable tag, tie on some pretty ribbon, and just like that you've got a fun little gift to add to any Easter basket!


You can add or omit any ingredient you want to this customizable mix {I was thinking next time I'd try out a healthier version}, and make it your own.



As a little bonus, I'm sharing the labels I made on Publisher for you to download & print onto some cardstock! {You're welcome, cheaters!} ;)
Bunny Bait Labels

{*Labels made using background downloaded from 4shared.com, Office clipart, and font from dafont.com}

Bunny Bait
1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
1 cup Easter M&M's or pastel candies
1 cup broken mini pretzels or whole pretzel sticks
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup white chocolate candy coating, melted to pourable consistency {I used Ghiradelli. If your coating isn't liquid enough, you can add 1 tablespoon of vegetable or canola oil and stir until desired thickness is reached.}
Pastel sprinkles
Pop popcorn. {I make my own by adding unpopped kernels to a brown paper bag & microwaving, but you can use the regular stuff if you prefer.}
Place onto a large sheet tray or in a very large bowl.
Toss M&M's, pretzels, marshmallows, and sprinkles together on sheet tray or in bowl.
Drizzle melted candy coating over popcorn mixture. Toss together carefully, making sure to coat all pieces. {I have a Calphalon sheet tray with a lid that I closed & shook to coat evenly.}
Allow candy coating to set. {If you're in a rush, place in the rerigerator for 10-15 minutes.}


Break apart any large clumps and scoop into desired packaging.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me happy! Thanks for reading and commenting!

 photo cred.jpg