The Kitchen Prep: Good Egg!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Good Egg!

We're heading to the in laws' house to start our Easter celebrations in just a few hours, but I couldn't wait until next week to show you my Easter cake creation!


The cake is an Almond-Scented White Cake with Raspberry filling. I had some trouble cutting the tender layers in half when I was assembling it {read: There was crumbled cake & a very disgruntled baker in my kitchen yesterday afternoon...}, so I wound up with a 2 layer cake instead of a 4 layer cake as intended.

Do you think anyone will care how many layers there are when they see this super cute nest on top?! {Distract them with pretty decorations, that's the plan!}



I made the nest out of Chow Mein noodles tossed in chocolate candy coating, and let them set in a small bowl lined with plastic wrap so it would take it's "nesty" shape. The eggs are malted milk eggs I found at the grocery store. Super easy!

Did you get creative in the kitchen for your Easter or Passover celebrations? Were your recipes new, first time endeavors or are you sticking with old, tried and true traditional ones?

No matter what you are celebrating with family & friends this weekend, I hope there are smiles all around!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me happy! Thanks for reading and commenting!

 photo cred.jpg