The Kitchen Prep: Taste & Temperature

Friday, February 18, 2011

Taste & Temperature


The husband & I are geared up for a fabulous weekend of art, entertainment, and marketing at Jupiter's ArtiGras festival, where we'll be manning a booth for New Path Chiropractic. And let me tell you, the weather could not be any more pleasant and perfect for an outdoor event!

Currently, I am blogging from my balcony where I am tanning my {nearly translucent with paleness} legs and enjoying the cool breeze. This weather is such a treat, even for Florida, where we rarely get the perfect mix of sunshine, low humidity, and a refreshing breeze. (I know, "waa, waa, waah" is all you hear if you are reading this from a frigid state.Well, my apologies, but we in tropical climates are entitled to have complaints, too.) :P


I don't know about you, but my tastebuds tend to favor flavors and pairings that match the climate from time to time. For example, a chill in the air makes me want to plug in the Crock Pot and warm up with a sumptuous stew or hearty soup, while balmy temps make me crave bright, fresh, lighter dishes like fish and citrus. Then, of course, there are flavors we could stand to keep in circulation year round like, oh... chocolate, let's say... but even those are often manipulated to work with the climate. Think: rich hot cocoa as opposed to mint chocolate chip ice cream. Ok, maybe a bad example because - I'm not gonna lie - I could definitely enjoy both examples any month, any day... but, you get the drift. ;)

My point in all this relentless blabber is that the "Spring is in the Air" feeling outside made me think it would be a good time to share the easy recipe for Pasta Caprese, which you may recall I mentioned back in the post about Girls Night Italiano.


I'm linking it directly to Food Network both to save myself some typing & so that you can decide if you want to do it their way or give it your own spin as I do to nearly every dish I make. (I omitted the shallot, sugar, and used grape tomatoes instead of heirloom.) It's a great, go-to pasta dish that can be served warm or cold, and still manages to have that fresh taste that you'll no doubt love whether you are romping around in bikini weather or still bundling up in layers.
So... give your tastebuds a break from the winter chill & enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me happy! Thanks for reading and commenting!

 photo cred.jpg