When I randomly decided to write a post about the contents of my own fridge a few months ago {and got unexpected positive feedback... who knew y'all were as nosy as I am??}, I thought it would be a great way to introduce other food bloggers to you in a fun, unique format. After all, what could possibly tell you more about a true food-lover than their refrigerator?!
I put out an all-call for bloggers to step up and show us what's in their fridge... and someone actually volunteered! Brave soul!
Meet Micky. She's the creator of What Micky Eats and my very first "WIYF" blogger!
I'll let Micky do the talking & get to showing is what's in her fridge!
About Her Blog
"What Micky Eats" is a blog that follows my dining experiences at various restaurants around the world, with focus on where I live in Washington, DC. I am no food critic – just an average girl who enjoys eating out. The experiences I share are of places I read about or just stumble upon. Travel is also one of the things I love to do, so occasionally you might see a few recaps from places I’ve visited around the country or maybe even around the world!"
I have what’s called a “side-by-side” refrigerator. It’s a tall door design with the freezer area on the left and the refrigerator on the right. The brand is Frigidaire and it has a water filtration system/ice maker, energy saver, crisp drawers, wire freezer drawers, etc. It came with the house, when we purchased it in 2008, and still works great.
Upon first glance, my fridge looks clean – no magnets or notes cluttering the front. But turn to the side and surprise!
Left: A list of emergency numbers for city utilities like power, gas, water along with a hand-crankable flash light
Middle: Several magnets from our travels around the world; restaurant coupons; a Washington Nationals 2013 calendar with wet erase board (we are huge baseball fans); Oh, and see that little white note on the top middle? That is a fortune that my husband saved from a fortune cookie from before we were married. It reads: “:) You and your wife will be happy in your life together. :)” (Yes, it has the two smiley faces on it, too! Aweee…so cute.)
Right: An old Save the Date from my now sister-in-law’s wedding last year; a sticker from my alma mater, USC, – Go Trojans!; an old Christmas card from friends in California featuring their bulldog, Fenway.
The Door
The Interior
Left: Eggs and butter for baking; various ethnic condiments. This really shows our global palate with Kansas City barbeque sauce to homemade green Thai chili sauce (in the little squirt bottles) to Polish mustard.
Right: More condiments (looks like I need to buy more Sriracha sauce!); various sauces and herbs for cooking (I won a giveaway for a supply of about a dozen tubes of Gourmet Garden Herbs. This product is great and we use them all the time while cooking.)
Left: Leftovers ready to take to work for lunch; milk; tea (my husband makes homemade ice tea every week from black oolong tea bags and his own simple syrup mix); lots of bread; more leftovers!
Right: Leftovers (we made baked ziti the other night); German beer (Fun Fact: I lived in Germany for a few months on a work assignment and fell in love with the culture. We always enjoy celebrating Oktoberfest this time of year.); sandwich making products; almost empty fruit and veggie crisp drawers (I need to go shopping!). A few Honeycrisp apples are in there – perfect to make Apple Cobbler.
Note: Looking at these pictures, I noticed all the bread products! We just went to Costco and sometimes I feel silly, because it is just the two of us. We purchase all these large quantities of items that last us quite a while, but implies we must be feeding an army!
A Recipe!
It is very rare that I cook at home, but there are a few recipes that I’ve collected over the years and share in a series called What Micky Eats…At Home. Check out my blog for Top 10 restaurant lists, info on various food festivals/events, and fun experiments in my home kitchen!
A go-to classic recipe of mine is my Apple Cobbler. This recipe is a family favorite. I always have extra pie crust in the freezer as an easy vehicle for baking. I find pie crust can be used to make savory breakfast quiches to sweet hand pies.
Many love to read and see "what Micky eats", but she is curious to see what YOU eat. Share all the delicious things you've been eating and drinking by e-mailing Micky a picture, and she’ll feature you on her blog! Please include your name and a short description of what/where it is you're eating. Send submissions to WMEsubmissions@gmail.com
A HUGE thanks to Micky for being the first courageous volunteer for this fun series! I feel like I know her pretty well just by taking a peek inside her fridge, don't you? {I'm not gonna lie, her love of condiments alone made me feel like we should be friends.} Don't forgot to hop over to her blog for more dining recommendations and recipes, or show her some love on her Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram... you can tell her I sent you so she won't think you've been snooping around in her fridge without permission! ;)
Are you a food blogger who wants to be featured? Have a favorite food blogger whose fridge you'd like to peek inside?? Leave me a note in the comments or send me an email and I'll see if we can make it happen!




2 comments:
Thank you so much for the feature, Dianna! I hope everyone enjoys the little sneak peak into my fridge to truly see "what I eat".
Hi Dianna,
Thanks for the shot of Gourmet Garden in your fridge! Glad you use them a lot. We have been building up a great data bank of recipes at gourmetgarden.com and have featured many from food bloggers this month. Hope they help in a pinch with all the holiday cooking around the corner.
Thanks again from the Gourmet Garden marketing team!
Post a Comment
Hearing from you makes me happy! Thanks for reading and commenting!