I love, love, love this stuff because of its versatility. Breakfast breads. Pizza crust. Sweet bread. Savory appetizers. You name it, Ready Dough is... well... ready.
I've used this dough for a few different recipes so far, including the Easy Sausage & Cheese Breakfast Bread that got rave reviews from my father-in-law. This past weekend alone, I used it three times {I'm obviously out of control} for three very different recipes, and I was very pleased with each result.
But, guess what? I was a horrible blogger and didn't take any pictures of the finished results, which is a shame because they all looked lovely if I do say so myself. Not to worry, though. I will redeem myself and recreate every last doughy dish just so you can see the many faces of Bridgford. :)
Until then, I'll leave you with a sticky, cinnamony, delicious recipe for Mini Monkey Bread. {No exaggeration, I just ate the last of the leftover remnants of this stuff right from the fridge a few minutes ago.} This recipe is a combo between the Pillsbury version and the Bridgford version, but it's so tasty you won't care where it came from. ;)
Mini Monkey Bread
![]() |
| Source ... This is very similar to what mine looked like, except for the pecans. |
You'll Need:
Topping -
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Bread -
1 loaf Bridgford Frozen Bread Dough or 1 package of Bridgford Parkerhouse or Bridgford White Roll Dough, thawed
3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Icing (recipe below)
1. Let dough thaw until pliable. Cut loaf into 36 even pieces (if using Parkerhouse Roll Dough, cut each roll in half. If using White Rolls, cut each roll into 3 pieces).
2. Using a little flour on fingers, shape each piece of dough into a ball. Set aside.
3. Grease 12 muffin cups. In small bowl, combine all topping ingredients; mix well. Spoon scant tablespoon topping into each greased muffin cup
4. Mix together sugar and cinnamon. Coat dough pieces with melted butter and roll in sugar mixture.
5. Place 3 dough bals in each cavity of a lightly greased muffin pan(s). Let rise until double in size.
6. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan immediately to cool on wire rack. If desired, drizzle with icing.
Icing: Mix together 2 cups powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Icing: Mix together 2 cups powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hearing from you makes me happy! Thanks for reading and commenting!