The Kitchen Prep: Fruttare Frozen Fruit Bars: #ItsAllGood!

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Fruttare Frozen Fruit Bars: #ItsAllGood!



Guess what? It's about a billion degrees outside these days. There is a brief window of coolness in the mornings and afternoons, but aside from that, it's basically sizzling {or pouring} all.the.time.

But I haven't let that stop me from enjoying the great outdoors during the summer! {Even while 5 months pregnant.} It would be criminal to give up sunshine and the long, lazy days of summer just because it's a little hot and humid. Life's too short to focus on anything but the bright side!

Blazing summer days make me extra grateful for sunnies, shade trees, the ocean breeze and refreshing snacks like Fruttare Frozen Fruit Bars.


We've gotten pretty good at packing picnic lunches for days at the beach and boating to the sandbar, so over the weekend I bundled up my Fruttare bars {with lots and lots of ice!} along with some other snacks and set out with some friends for a day on the water.

We happened to get to the boat launch around the same time as one of Florida's clockwork afternoon storms. After waiting it out for a little while and ensuring that it was safe, we set out to the sandbar where we laid out a lunch spread and let the pups splash around in the water. We were only out for a little while when the ominous clouds in the distance hinted that maybe it was time to head back... but not before getting to bust out some Fruttare bars and enjoy them before the rest of the storms swept in!

Please excuse the wind-blown boat hair. ;)
When I was given the opportunity to try Fruttare's flavors, and I couldn't help but initially choose one of their creamy Fruit & Milk varieties. Because summer = coconut in my world, I went with the Coconut and Milk flavor. It's like a tropical smoothie on a stick!

The cool combo of creamy milk and sweet coconut immediately transports you to a place of tranquility -- like a hammock hanging between palm trees or a tiki hut on an abandoned beach. Suddenly, you forget about the yucky things summer can bring like downpours, sweat, sunburns and mosquitoes... all because of a frozen fruit bar. {I'm pretty easy to please!}

So maybe the day wasn't ideal, but we sure made the best of it and had a blast, which is what life should be all about anyway!

I liked the Coconut fruit bars so much that I picked up some of the Lime fruit bars to sample, too. Though they're certainly good enough on their own, I decided to try out a little experiment and jazz them up jazz just for fun. {You know me, I can't help myself.}


With a little drizzle of white chocolate and a dip in some crushed graham crackers, these bars were transformed into icy treats that are reminiscent of key lime pie! Fun, right?


Whether you're eating Fruttare bars at home on a rainy day or cooling down with them in the sunshine, the best way to enjoy them is with family and friends as you celebrate the bright side of life! :) Fruttare Frozen Fruit Bars are available at retailers nationwide; for more information, visit their website.


I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great way to cool off! Key lime pie is one of my favorite desserts, and this is even better because it's frozen!

Carla said...

Great idea! Now I want one. :) Also, congrats on the pregnancy!

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me happy! Thanks for reading and commenting!

 photo cred.jpg