So here we are. It's Thursday, and I've got nothin'. Mainly because I think the most interesting thing I've made this week is a bowl of cereal. {Although I did have some really delicious & different pasta this weekend at a local restaurant. I'll have to give you the details soon.}
Since it's been a while, let's recap what was happening in the kitchen last week:
Cajun Jambalaya...
Mini King Cakes {and step-by-step directions on how to make them}...
I'd say all that work deserved a week's worth of resting... wouldn't you? ;)
So, yes, Mardi Gras is over. But luckily, you don't have to store these recipes away with your beads & crazy jester hats. And that's a good thing because a year is way too long to wait for all that deliciousness.
Speaking of storing Mardi Gras beads, I thought I'd offer a suggestion for those of you who have no extra space {Read: completely taken up by cooking gadgets & baking accouterments...} or would rather do something useful with your glittery goodies.
Each year, ARC Gateway collects unwanted beads and baubles, providing employment opportunities for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The beads are repackaged and resold at a discounted cost, while simultaneously keeping tons of plastic out of landfills. It's a double duty good deed!
If you'd like to donate your beads to ARC, you can visit any of their drop off locations listed here {and if you don't live close by, I'm sure you can mail them in, though you might want to call & double check to make sure.}
Alright... enough cereal and yogurt this week. It's back to the kitchen for me! Looking forward to coming up with some new spring recipes!


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hearing from you makes me happy! Thanks for reading and commenting!