The Kitchen Prep: Neither Here, Nor There

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Neither Here, Nor There

If my calculations are correct, I have only posted one recipe in over a week.  Yikes. Truthfully, I just haven't had the energy. This whole working evening hours thing is for the birds and I am hoping that next week will bring a little more normal-ness to my schedule {but really, who am I kidding?}. Aside from being far too tired to do much of anything once I get home, I also haven't really had the opportunity to make anything particularly worthy of sharing.

The husband has pretty much been responsible for feeding me & himself as I haven't been doing much more than walking in the door and plopping myself on the couch in a semi-vegetative state. Consequently, we had random leftovers for several days in a row last week and for the real showstopper... we had pancakes. {And they were delicious. You know I love you, dear. :)}

To top it all off, the weather was gloomy around here for a few day, Steve caught a cold {he almost never gets sick}, and I had some sort of stomach yuckiness... When it rains it pours. All these factors combined put me in quite a funk. Like a "Come home, Get in my jammies & Eat Publix Malted Milk Ball Ice Cream" kind of funk. {Not that I have to be in a funk to do these things, but you know what I mean.}

When I get in this kind of mood, I look for things that make me happy while the sunshine is hiding {or at least until the wave of cranky hormones washes over}. Here are a few things that have done the trick:

Source

A little Lilly always brightens my day, even though this print is called "Dark & Stormy".
I pretty much love every pair of shorts they have available right now.



Source

I want to romp on the beach in this! Preferably a beach in Tahiti...
{Only if I can borrow the Victoria's Secret model's body, though.}



Source

Um... Blackberry Prosecco Popsicles? Yes, please!
{Bakers Royale has a WEEKLY cocktail popsicle post. Love!}



Source

I heart this clever idea for using cootie-catchers as sundae topping holders. Oh, that Martha...


Source

These adorable (and simple! and cheap!) summer lanterns!
And pretty much everything else on this slideshow.
So enough of the grouchiness this week... time to get back down to business. {And by "business", I obviously  mean delicious treats to share.} I think I know just the recipe to get me back to the kitchen... Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me happy! Thanks for reading and commenting!

 photo cred.jpg