The Kitchen Prep: Detox.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Detox.

After a weekend of lots of hours on the road, moving the entire contents of my little sister's dorm multiple times {from hallway into the freight elevator, from freight elevator to downstairs hallway, from downstairs hallway to loading dock, from loading dock to rented minvan, from minivan back into my mom's house...}, far too many cocktails, and far too few hours of sleep, my body is begging for some TLC. Seriously. I slept for 11 hours last night and am still not feeling quite right.

Despite my intense urge to restore the balance, I was not a shining example of wholesome eating today. Since we didn't get in until late afternoon Sunday, we never made it to the grocery store and, consequently, my lunch consisted of Rice Krispies with about 3 whole drops of rice milk that were left in the carton. We did a little grocery shopping after work but I was so tired & hungry by the time we got home that I ended up eating about 1/2 lb of grilled shrimp and raided my supply of chocolate chips to finish it off. Ridiculous.

So, my goal for the rest of the week's meals is simple: Healthy, healing foods. It wouldn't hurt if they just so happen to be delicious, too.

Should I come up with anything fabulous, you know I'll be sharing. But for now... I have a date with my comfy couch. I'll leave you with a little inspiration for healthy choices from Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Life website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me happy! Thanks for reading and commenting!

 photo cred.jpg